As an instructor at Brock University this year, I am quite impressed with the Faculty of Education and their efforts to engage not only the students, but the wider educational community in 21st Century technologies and multi-literacies. All P/J/I students are required to take an Technology in the Classroom course which focuses on computer skills, web 2.0 and social networking. This year, the University started offering an optional course to the I/S students who have since become leaders in their own cohorts and schools, all of whom have blogs, twitter accounts and advocated for innovative teaching methods.
The Brock Tech Showcase is in its third year running. The sessions, sponsors and presenters are incredible and offer something for everyone.
- The Showcase is a free event, thanks to the sponsors!
- There will be three 75-minute sessions. Teacher Education students and practicing teachers can take advantage of a full-day event allowing them to participate in more sessions, and share experiences and new ideas.
- Lunch provided free to attendees.
- Closing message with giveaways!
- The Decision Makers’ Luncheon returns with a stronger focus on school board administrators. A discussion panel will focus on how school boards, the Faculty of Education, and the industry can work together to support greater technology integration.
- The Interactive Vendor Fair will encourage hands-on, interactive displays.
Join us at Brock University’s Hamilton Campus for this innovative event.
Date: January 28, 2011
Location: 1842 King Street East, Hamilton, Ontario