Some of you may have heard of “Prachi’s Puzzles”. I share them often on Twitter and educators around the world now access these puzzles. These puzzles can be found on this “LinkTree”.
Let me give you some background. Prachi is a Grade 7 student at the Hamilton Wentworth District School Board who has been working remotely since March 2020. Like many other students, she has had to shift some of her ways of learning and participating in school life. Prachi is a student leader and truly gets joy from her involvement in the school activities so when the pandemic hit, she had to learn new ways to inspire, impact and lead others using her “student” voice.
At the start of the school year, Prachi quickly jumped on the opportunity to participate in a collaborative resource which morphed into a Leadership Passion Project. This Passion Project isn’t the typical topic-focused project but rather it is an ongoing project to provide an opportunity for her to not just be a leader, but also interact with others at a wider scale.
The latest challenge is something a little different. Here, students will have an opportunity to INSPIRE Prachi by using her Blueprints/Plans to create an Eco-House. Prachi hasn’t used Minecraft much so we decided this would be the perfect tool for the challenge. We’d love to get as many submissions as possible. Reach out to me: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a submission to add. All submissions will be added to a slideshow and showcased on both this blog and Prachi’s blog (and shared amongst the worldwide Educator Community).
- Can you use the blueprints (below) created by Prachi to replicate her eco-house?
- How close can you get to these plans while also adding your own creativity and showing Prachi what she missed?
Here is a full list of all the energy-efficient features:
- LED Lighting (In the lamps)
- Good Insulation (In the walls)
- Big, and strategically placed windows
- Solar Panels
- Indoor Plants
- Outdoor Plants
- Electric Car charger and Electric Car in the Garage
- Rain barrel
- Recycling bin
- Compost bin
- Solar Lamps in the front yard
- Properly sealed doors and windows
- Shade Trees
- Sensor Taps (Kitchen sink, laundry room, and bathrooms)
- Programable Thermostat